Welcome to Durand Area School's website. We have tried to make information that you are looking for easy to find. If you're having difficulty finding what you are looking for, here are some tips that might help
- No matter where you may navigate within the site, clicking on the train in the upper left corner of the page will return visitors to the homepage.
- The header across the top each page will remain consistent throughout every page on the site.
- Links to CALENDARS are located in the site's headers. There are individual calendars for the district and each school building. They can be selected via a drop down menu. These calendars are maintained separately. Events listed in a school calendar, will probably not appear in the "District Calendar," for example.
- There is also a SEARCH SITE box in the header. Guests to the site can search the website by keyword if they aren't sure where they should navigate to.
- QUICK LINKS" jump website users to pages that can also be found by navigating through the site. Links listed here are popular pages that users often want to get to quickly, such as FOOD SERVICE, TRANSPORTATION, or TECHNOLOGY. These links have the potential to change, though changes are not made to this list very often.
- A second row of links appear in black text directly under the blue section of the main header. These links have descriptive names that will usually be self-explanatory such as STAFF DIRECTORY and CONTACT US.
- The "Staff Directory" displays a full directory of all district staff with phone numbers and email links. Building specific staff directories will display only staff assigned to a particular building. Clicking on individuals found in any directory will reveal more detailed information about individual. as well as teacher pages for those teachers who have created them. With time and training, more and more teachers will begin to build teacher pages as a means of communicating with parents and students.
- CONTACT US brings up the address and phone number of each school in the district as well as the address and phone number of the Administration Building. It is usually best to send email to specific individuals if you are looking for a response. If you are unsure of who to contact, it is best to send your email to someone to secretary at your child's school. Secretaries and principals will generally be able to answer your questions and concerns. If they can't do this themselves they will be able to put you in touch with those who can.
- The tabs running across the top of the page are intended to describe the content in them. They contain broad categories of information and will consistently appear across the top of each page. Each tab or category will house additional pages. These additional pages will be displayed in the left column of the page. Clicking on these pages will display the content of the page to the right and will expand a listing of any other pages that they may contain on the left as a subcategory of the page above it. Pages in a subcategory may have additional pages in them as well.
- One of those tabs is a "Community" tab. The district can usually advertise your family-orientated, non-profit community event or announcement. If you feel that you have items that would be appropriate to post of the school's website you can make that request to John Ross.