Once again, we will need to cancel school on Thursday, January 31st due to extreme cold temperatures in the morning. At this point we are planning on running Thursday afternoon practices starting at 3:00pm and any scheduled evening contests as temperatures are forecast to “subside”in the early afternoon. If conditions change, we will communicate as early as we can if there is a need to cancel.
Stay safe and stay warm if you have to go out
Wednesday January 30th and it doesn’t look promising for Thursday either.
Tomorrow’s cancelation will be our 8th...two more than allowed by the state. I’m sure I’ll be able to apply for a waiver for a few days and I’m sure the state will be announcing something soon regarding this issue impacting schools across the state. I’ll keep everyone updated as we find out more information
Due to blowing and drifting snow, school will be canceled on Tuesday, January 29.
The reality is that our forecast of wind chills hovering in the minus 25 degree range are still in effect for Wednesday and Thursday, which means there is the tremendous likelihood that school will be canceled on those days as well.
Parents, please prepare for the closure of school on Wednesday and Thursday because it seems to be heading that way. I’ll be in contact again tomorrow afternoon with further updates.
Due to the winter storm warning , we are cancelling school on Monday, January 28.
The reality is that school could be canceled on Tuesday as well due to the amount of snow projected and the high winds which will wreak havoc on the backroads.
We are also at risk of not having school on Wednesday or Thursday due to projected record low temperatures. Anything below minus 20 degrees wind chill will trigger a cancellation. There is a very real possibility we will be out of school until Friday, so please consider making plans in advance for childcare. Please be safe if you need to be out. I will be keeping you updated on cancellations as soon as decions are made...
Due to unsafe driving conditions on our backroads, We will not have school on Thursday, January 24.
Please be safe if you do need to be out on the roads.
Due to the layer of ice beneath the slushy, wet snow, the backroads are unsafe and vehicles are getting stuck. School will be canceled today. Have a great Railroader day!
Due to extreme cold, we will be closed this morning. Our threshold for canceling school is when wind chill temps reach -20 degrees and we are beyond that threshold. Please be safe if you do need to travel today.
Due to icy road conditions, Durand Area Schools will be closed today 1/16/19
Attention Durand Railroader Families:
Due to current weather conditions, ALL evening events for tonight (Tues. January 15th, 2019) are canceled. Sorry for any inconvenience.
There will be no school on Monday, November 26th due to winter weather storms approaching. Be safe and enjoy the snow!